Thu, Sep 23|
Stepping Up Your Nutrition Virtual Leader Training
Time & Location
Sep 23, 2021, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
About the Event
This FREE virtual leader training will introduce the STEPPING UP YOUR NUTRITION (SUYN) curriculum and outline key focal areas.
The SUYN workshops focus on:
1. How nutrition affects falls risk
2. The importance of muscles for strength
3. Key nutrients for older adults--particularly protein and fluid
4. How to determine personal nutrition risk and handgrip strength scores
5. How to create an action plan to improve nutritional health
At the conclusion of the virtual leader training, all participants will be certified to lead SUYN in their respective communities.
After completing the virtual SUYN leader training, participants will be able to:
1. Educate and motivate community-dwelling older adults to prevent or lower their malnutrition risk
2. Identify malnutrition risk and refer at-risk older adults to community-based resources